Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eagles vs. Cardinals & SUPERBOWL

 

The Eagles came to Phoenix to play the Cardinals for the NFC Championship.  It was a fun weekend with Jeremy's family.  We spent Friday night at the Ritz Carlton and then Saturday night we went to fajitas.  The game was awesome other than the fact that we lost.  It sucks losing but we were happy for the Cardinals (despite the fact that the Bidwells are horrible people and treated the Eagles so badly! I can't wait till they get a taste of their own medicine!!) Jeremy and Todd decided we were going to the Superbowl no matter which team won so we left for Tampa on the Tuesday before the big game.  Let me just say that it was definitely not on my top 5 best vacations.  It was one of those vacations that you realize your husband should have taken a buddy rather than his wife.  It was cold and rainy so why not stay in the hotel and read right??? No not so good for Todd and Jeremy.  I hope Todd forgives me for getting Casey so hooked on the Twilight Series.  I also hope my husband realizes that Edward is fictional and just because  I have read the books more than once does not mean that I love Edward more.  And listening to the soundtrack is not a big deal either.  If he would just take the time to listen to it he would realize how  many great songs there are by bands he loves...Linkin Park, Paramore, Collective Soul...it is a GREAT soundtrack!! The best part of the vacation was the Rihanna concert.  Yes, for me it was better than the game, my team wasn't even part of the game so really that isn't a bad thing.  Have I mentioned how awesome Rihanna is.

rihanna

I think she is amazing.  I love her exotic look and she has the most beautiful eyes and in concert she looks like she could kick the crap out you.  Her and her songs kick butt! 

100_0743

100_0747 cousins

100_0757the girls with Miss Rodriquez.  She is a 1st grade teacher at their school and a huge eagles fan.  

100_0761 

100_0765

100_0789 Casey Todd and Jeremy snuggling up to watch a movie

100_0791

5 comments:

Hanna said...

Awesome that you got to enjoy the action up close and personal. We had a lot of fun watching the game. Guthrie was really confused before the NFC Championship. "How do we pick which team to cheer for, Dad?" LOL - in the end, we decided that we didn't care who won. It was kind of cool to see the Cards at the Superbowl, though, and we thought it was a good game.

We already miss hanging out with you guys. Keep updating your blog so we have something to distract us for the next few months. :)

DM said...

loved your post! I can't believe you guys got to go to the superbowl that is so awesome! We wanted to go but couldn't make it this year. Jason went last year and had an absolute blast. I agree though it's probably better for a buddy to go than a wife...lol! I have only watched the twilight movie and have not read any of the books but after watching the movie I'm DYING to read'm!

Shel said...

Soo jealous! Can I be in your family??! :) Miss your face! I figured you were off doing some GOOD stuff!!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous too! It was such a great game. What did you do with your girls? Did they get to go too?

MJ said...

Kept thinking about you getting to be at the game, but it's too bad the Eagles weren't there. You'll have to plan something fun for just you and Jeremy!