Thursday, November 20, 2008

FRIENDSHIP

I have been such a slacker at blogging. I should have been doing this ALL month but hey, it's never too late to start right???

Today I am thankful for my GOOD friends!! My friend Dawn came in from Atlanta last week and OH MY GOSH, I had the best time. Ever since we moved back, I have felt something was missing in my life. What's missing is my best friend. She is the one I call when I am having a bad day. She is the one who tells it like it is, who lets me know I am at fault when me and my husband have a fight, not the friend who just takes your side because it's a girl thing. She is the one who knows it was the best decision for us to move back here even though it meant her and I would be 2000 miles apart. Dawn is the only person other than my hubby, who knows literally EVERYTHING about me. She knows my deepest darkest secrets and still loves me!! I love and miss her and am so GRATEFUL for Verizon IN calling.

Here are some quotes I like about friendship.

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.

Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure. -- Jewish Saying

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.-- Walter Winchell

"Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another."
-- Eustace Budgell

2 comments:

MarcomsMadness said...

ok...you're killing me Kizzy! I totally cried when I read this! You are irreplacable and I love you - no not in a swf way, but I do! Thanks for being such a great friend to me too, I don't know what I'd do w/o you!

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

she seems like such a great and funny gal, just like you. you 2 could be related and you both are very lucky to have eachother....no matter how far away she is! im glad i got to meet her!