Tuesday, November 18, 2008

another stuffed dog???

Today Brielle, Buddy, Popcorn, Molly and I made a trip to costco. With 1 girl and 3 build-a-bear puppies already in the cart you can imagine me trying to load in two 15lb. bags of potatoes, two 20lb. turkeys, peanut oil(which by the way was $50!!! why is that stuff so expensive???) and LOTS of other items. You know how you can just see people staring at you. Of course, not all the looks were strange, there were a few nice people who stopped to ask her if her puppies had names. I like nice people. Crazy me decides to take her down the toy aisle and their it is....the FurReal Dog!!!

Brielle: "Oh mommy can I peeez get out and pet the doggie?"
Me: "Yes baby, just for a minute."
Brielle: petting the dog, hugging him, kissing him, telling him he is the nicest doggie. "I love him mommy. He is the best doggie ever."
Me: "I know sweetie. He is such a nice dog."
Brielle: "Can I buy him?"
Me: "No baby, you can't buy him today."
Brielle: "Can I buy him peeez mommy? I love him."
Me: "No honey. We are not buying the dog today."
Brielle: "Can I call daddy tell him buy the doggie for me peeez?"
Me: "No baby, but you can tell daddy about him when he gets home from work and maybe you can put the doggie on your Christmas list. Tell him bye-bye."
Brielle: hugging the dog, "I love you. I will ask my daddy I can buy you and I will come back and get you take you home to my house I pomise(paw-miss)."

I was brusing Tylar's hair tonight and Brielle comes running in and says "daddy said I can put the doggie on my Kwissmas Wist, Ya Baby Ya Baby!"

I don't think she understands the difference between actually getting it for Christmas and putting it on her Christmas list. Oh boy!! What to do!! She is obsessed with dogs. Half the time SHE is a dog or we are watching dog movies such as airbud, airbuddies, snowbuddies, shaggy dog, snow dogs, lady and the tramp and so on.........

3 comments:

MarcomsMadness said...

ok seriously, I can totally hear her saying everything you wrote! Go buy her the dang puppy, that way she won't have to play pretend talk to it! (remember?!?) I can't believe how obsessed with dogs she is! Totally cute, don't let her change.

Tippetts said...

Cute story! I talked to Mitch about the bunny you told me about and he said it would be fine. We won't be back until the 1st though. Can she keep it until then?
p.s. Is it a boy or a girl? Just curious. :)

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

that is oh so cute. you write it out so well i can picture every little moment at costco and just how she sounded....love it!!
i miss her little butt!