Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proud to be an American!

Looking back 7 years ago today on 9/11, I am sure EVERYONE remembers where and what they were doing. I was pregnant with Kiley, Tylar was 10 months old and I was painting/decorating their bathroom. Jeremy called and said that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. He was still on the line and I hurried to the tv. A few minutes after I turned it on the 2nd plane hit. For days I, like many others, was glued to the television. I will never forget the feeling of being so scared, sad and angry. My heart goes out to those who lost family members and friends on that tragic day. I am so grateful for our soldiers who everyday put their lives on the line for our country. I am grateful for Riley (Jeremy's nephew) who serves in the Army and is currently in Iraq. He is loved and missed and I hope he knows what an amazing young man he is. I am grateful for my freedom and I am proud to be an American.

3 comments:

MarcomsMadness said...

all I have to say is AMEN!!! I am so thankful to be an American and enjoy the fredoms that we do. Thanks for sharing!

Hanna said...

I'll just ditto the "amen." That was a HORRIBLE day in our history, but I also remember that feeling of patriotism that the entire country shared for a while after the attacks. What a crazy time!

Sabrina and BJ said...

I was in high school and watch the entire thing.. It was probably one of the scariest things ever.. Seriously.. I went to New York the next year and seeing it like that, something i won't ever forget.. I try not to think about everything like that.. I'm just a chicken and get scared.. Awesome Post!!