Sunday, September 21, 2008

AUTUMN in the DESERT!





it's my favorite time of year. the weather cooling, the leaves changing color and falling, haha! i wish! i miss georgia at this time of year. i live in the desert and there is nothing "AUTUMN" about that. i miss the pumpkin patch that we took the kids to every year we lived there. hayrides, the biggest pumpkins ever, white and green pumpkins and lots more!! i took the girls to a pumpkin patch our first year back out in queen creek and it was hotter than he**! we were sweating and the pumpkins were the same boring orange pumpkins i could get at the grocery store. we didn't go back last year. i know they closed the pumpkin patch in young's farm which i think was probably the best one here. if anyone knows of a really good one up north where it's atleast a little cooler than here, please let me know. enough complaining, it is my favorite time of year. i am going to put up my halloween decorations this week with a smile on my face and grateful that i have a home to decorate.

4 comments:

Spencer Reeve said...

We have some places up here but they are a LOT further north...10 hours approximately, guess you'll have to come visit sometime. I love the fall as well, nothing like cooler weather and colorful leaves. I remember when we were little my cousin would visit from Mesa and collect leaves off the ground cause she was so amazed at how pretty they were.

Tippetts said...

I love Fall/Halloween too. It's just not the same once you've lived in places where the season actually changes, leaves change, etc. At least it's fun to decorate and eat carmel apples!

MarcomsMadness said...

I'm so sorry! I tell you what, we will go to Burt's for you & take awesome pictures. Will that make you feel like you've been there?!? I love & miss you tons!
P.S. Do you want me to mail you some leaves?!?

Shel said...

Oh...sad....you read my mind...these are all my comments at this time of year too...this is a tough place to be...but I too am getting Halloween up ASAP!! Cute pics from your weekend!! MODEL!!
Hey...check your email for a shower invite! :) Your blog looks fun! When I get time I want to make a Halloween one too...hoping to find some of that soon...TIME! XOXOX PS...mahi mahi sounds YUMMY...I need to go there for that!