Sunday, July 27, 2008

Accident at the Cabin & ROAD TRIP!

We are at the cabin this weekend. Hunter's (my nephew) friend had an accident on the quad. He is lucky to be alive with only a broken leg. We are so grateful that he has no traumatic injuries. He lost control and hit a tree head on and flew between two trees. He hit his right leg on the tree which is what broke his leg. You should have seen the look on the chilren's faces when the paramedics had to move the femur bone back into place. His right leg was shorter than his left because of the break and they have to get it back into place before they board him and send him in the ambulance. Some of the kids informed us later on that they said prayers in their heads for him. I thought that was so awesome that 7 year olds would do that. Our quad is beyond worth repairing, but we are so so so happy that Alex is okay.



For a couple months now I have been nagging (something I ALMOST NEVER do!) Worm to drive to Atlanta and get some things we left behind. A hot tub, playground, custom window treatments and a few other items. We had hoped it would be an incentive for buyers. Two years later, the market getting worse, still no buyers and I want my stuff!

Our conversation last week

kizzy: please honey, it is so worth the drive!

worm: ya, cuz you're not the one going, and what about gas prices we have a diesel truck?!

kizzy: i will go with you! it will be so much fun! i will keep you company!

worm: fun?! you'll just read your trashy books and sleep the whole time. that is not fun. and you just want to go see dawn.

kizzy: well that too. i can't believe you don't want me to go with you. i annoy you huh? do you not love me anymore?

worm: whatever! i don't want to drive that far. i don't think it's worth it.

kizzy: fine, i will never mention it again.

worm: really? you promise? you will never bring it up again? you promise?

kizzy: nope, i will never bring it up again. you don't dote on me like you used to. it hurts my feelings.

worm: sigh

So after Jeremy went to bed the last night my parents and some of my siblings and I were all up talking. I asked their opinions. This morning I didn't keep my promise and told him my family voted while he was in bed and he lost. Road Trip!

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Woah, that is scary/sad about Alex. Is anyone worried about a lawsuit? It has me freaked!

The roadtrip sounds fun. I'm a fan of roadtrips if the kids are staying home. Its AWESOME to relax in the car, only stop when big bladders have to pee, eat at restaurants on the way that don't have playplaces and just enjoy the chance to talk and listen to grownup music. I bet you and Jeremy would have a lot of fun!

I'm on your side. I want you guys to have a rockin' hot tub for me to come soak in at Christmas time. Kyle and I will love you forever. haha! Maybe our kids can stay with your parents and we'll come stay with you. :p Think Grandma and Grandpa will go for that?

Alli said...

It was so fun to see you on our blog and find yours. Your girls are darling! I hope you have a great trip to Atl, at least with gas prices the way they are there shouldn't be tons of traffic :)

Bri said...

that-a-girl kiz! i love the way you worked that georgia trip:) i can sooo hear it now! lol

DM said...

I think family votes are the best...only when they are in your favor of course! :-) You can count my vote in for your road trip...I think it's a greaet idea!