Sunday, July 6, 2008

Waiting and Waiting Some More

Today Brielle and I ditched church to go to urgent care. I got there and there was only one person in the waiting room so I was thinking it wouldn't be forever. While in the waiting room, 3 senior citizens come in. I swear the one guy was going to cough up a lung. I felt bad for him but I was really grossed out by it. Brielle kept saying (in a very loud voice!) why that man doing that? why that man so loud? why that man not stopping? I am trying to whisper to her to lower her voice and explain to her that he is very sick, but she didn't care. She just kept getting louder and she wanted to know WHY he was coughing like that. I am so frustrated because I swear I should have been called back by now and I know the old people are getting irritated by my kid, but I was there first and it's not my fault you can't stop coughing and my 3 year old is freaked out by you. Brill (ya that is how the nurse pronounced her name) finally got called back and it was another hour of sitting in the room waiting for the doctor! I do not know what the doc could have been doing because in the time I sat in the waiting room not one person checked out and again, there was only one person ahead of me. So Frustrating! We did have fun singing the alphabet song and counting to 20. She goes from Q to W and sings next time you wont sing with me instead of next time wont you sing with me! So funny and she skips numbers 8,9 and 17, 18 & 19. But we had plenty of time to work on it while we waited. The doc finally came in and she did have swimmers ear, so now all of my kids have had it this summer. Hopefully the drops will kick in and she will sleep better than she did last night and be all better so she can swim at her birthday party on Friday!

1 comment:

DM said...

that was hilarious! Don't you just love the funny things kids say REALLY loud to embarrass us! Oh....how fun the teenage years will be to get back at them! I am evil! LOL! :-)