Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Art Show

The Dysart District has an annual art show where 2 students from each grade level are chosen to have their artwork displayed at the education center.  Tylar and Kiley were were both 1 out of the 2 for 1st and 2nd grade.  I was actually very surprised but very excited by Kiley's being chosen.  She takes after me with NO art skills whatsoever!!  Tylar has always been very artsy.  I was so happy for bug though because she is our typical middle child.  She never thinks she is good enough at anything.  She has been struggling this year with her weight...she is still gaining like crazy...and kids are starting to be mean.  They tell her she looks like she's pregnant and one girl told her she is a fat pig.  It breaks my heart especially because she is only in 1st grade.  I didn't think it would be like this for her until she was a little older.  She is such a beautiful girl and I can already see her being broken down because of her peers so I was so thrilled to be able to celebrate something like this for her.  Of course we celebrated it for both of them..after the art show we let them pick where to eat...Chili's!! Kiley's artwork is her thumbprint blown up and then she traced all lines and colored it.  Tylar's was...I don't remember??? I am such a horrible mom.  Her's was??? Ummm... robots?

kiley artwork

                    Kiley's Artwork

tylar artwork

                  Tylar's Artwork

6 comments:

Shel said...

Hey girlfriend...I MISS YOU!!! Congrats to the girlies!! That story makes me so sad....when do you want to have a stake out and either toilet paper or throw stones at the girl who called Kiley such a terrible name...she is sooo darling! That poopy head!! Great art work...love it!! Let's get together again SOON!!!!!

Cindy said...

Wow!!! What talent!!! Tell the girls congrats from us!!!

Photo Crazy! said...

Great job girls! I am sorry kids are so mean. I can't believe how they always find fault and don't see the good.

MarcomsMadness said...

Ok Kizzy, you need to watch "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" and see the part where the crazy woman in the movie threatens some kid that is picking on her kid. watch it! Then you'll know how to handle those mean *#@!$ at school! Oh, and GOOD job girls on the art! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding! Check out the comments on Aprils blog!

Anonymous said...

I think someone must not like your sister by the comments that were on Aprils blog