Sunday, December 21, 2008

UPDATE

*still having issues with my blog.

*kiley turned 7 on friday! we all got up early and she opened her presents and we had french toast. we are french toast freaks!! she got a green ipod, pj's and a hannah montana microphone.

*for the past 10 years, every christmas jeremy eats boxes of candy canes. he LOVES them. he loves the peppermint icecream. i always buy it for him and have never been able to understand why anyone would like candy cane icecream! i finally tried it with lots of chocolate syrup and i really like it. chocolate really does make everything better!

*the girls had their last volleyball game on saturday. they improved so much during the season. they love it and will start back up in the spring.

*we took the girls shopping on saturday to buy christmas for a family. we bought the 3 children each 2 outfits, underwear, and two toys and the parents a couple of different gift cards including dinner and movies. i get teary just thinking about them being able to go out on a date to a nice restaraunt and to a movie. jeremy and i go out on a date like that every weekend. it made me realize how much i take for granted. i know the girls are so young and don't fully understand that if we didn't do this for the family that those children would have nothing to open on christmas morning. i hope someday they will and hopefully do the same with their husbands and kids. i really enjoyed doing this and am definitely going to do it every year. a big thank you to my husband who works so hard to provide for me and our girls! and to my parents who provided for me until poor jeremy took me on. i wonder if they paid him???

*

4 comments:

MarcomsMadness said...

You HAVE to buy MAYFIELD'S Peppermint Stick ice cream, it is the BEST (and YES, you definitely have to put choc. syrup on it.) It's Jared's favorite ice cream in the whole world!
That is SO cool that y'all bought somone's Christmas. Me and Jared have been doing it for several years it really completes Christmas for us...to do the Christ-like thing.

Shel said...

Mmmm...I love peppermint ice cream too and never buy it because no one else will eat it...so I may be over to your house for some in the next few days! (But I dont really enjoy eating candy canes...sorry Jeremy!)
You are setting an amazing example for your girls and they WILL remember it when they are older. Someone did this for us 2 years ago and all I could do was cry. I dont even know how anyone knew...we didnt tell anyone we were struggling. The sad part was that my kids all got a better Christmas then they have EVER had! :) I think it was the 1st and only year Chad and I got stuff too! And it was AMAZING fun things :) Now, Chad and I always hope to someday be in the situation where we can do that for other families. Awesome...cant wait for our blog/digiscrap date!

Caleb and Shawna said...

You are such an awesome Mom and good example! Thanks again for everything,we had such a good time with you Bri last month.

Sabrina and BJ said...

Those pictures of your girls below are to die for.. They are precious cute.. I hope your had a great christmas.. Sounds like your always busy and have more then I could ever handle going on..