Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Break Day 2

today started out with bug going to the eye doctor. she has been complaining about not being able to see and her eyes are always watery and itchy. i am a bad mom because i never did anything about it until the school nurse sent home a letter referring her to an eye doctor. sure enough she needs glasses and has dry eye. i felt so bad watching her do the exam when she couldn't read the 4th line! the doc says she needs to wear them full time and hopefully in time her vision will be corrected. she was such a good patient and is really excited to get her new glasses. they should have them ready in about a week so i will post a picture of her soon.

after the eye doctor, we headed for the grocery. i have been a big slacker on cooking dinner! i forgot how much i do not like going to the grocery with all three kids. why does it have to be so difficult? can't we just put brielle in the cart and throw the food in and be out the door? not with my kids! tylar is hanging on the cart, kiley is begging to buy this or that, brielle wants me to open the cosmic brownies so she can have one. i swear i think my kids are the only ones who behave like that. i hate going to the grocery store. seriously, you put the food in the cart, you take the food out of the cart and onto the conveyer belt, then you load the groceries into your car, take the groceries into the house, empty them from the bags and then put them away. it's so annoying.

after the groceries were put away we headed for the dentist. brielle thinks she is a dog. seriously, she crawls around all the time and barks and pants and licks. while tylar and kiley are back with the hygeniest, popcorn (that's one of her names when she is a dog. she is also sparkles and lily too) and i are in the waiting room. she is doing her dog thing, crawling on all fours, panting and licking and barking and a older man comes in. he was such a sweet man, we talked for a few minutes and then he asked brielle something and she barked at him. like 3 barks! so he asks her another question and she barks again! she just sat there on her hands and knees barking at him. i apologized to him and explained that she has been "pretending" to be a dog lately. sometimes i don't think she is pretending, i think SHE REALLY thinks she is a dog!

we drive out of the parking lot at the dentist office and i get pulled over!! mr. police officer says i rolled through the stop sign rather than stopping at the stop sign. whatever! he was nice though. i got a verbal warning. thank goodness. i really did not need a ticket. we made it to costco and treated ourselves to a yummy churro. costco was much better than the grocery store. the kids were actually very well behaved. lucky me!

back to school tomorrow. :)

8 comments:

Hanna said...

Woah - it sounds like a busy day! I hate grocery shopping with children. Just for kicks you should have timed yourself and compared it to a kidless shopping trip. I can seriously cut my shopping time in HALF by leaving the stinkers at home.

We are SOOO ready for December to get here. It is feeling like we've been gone forever. Do you realize it has been a YEAR since you guys came to visit? Where did it all go?

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

wow the grocery store huh? i dont know how you moms do it. i always would leave mine with family just so i could go there too (back in the day) cause silly me would try to buy everything they wanted. so i truely feel for you. what a day for you!! youre suppose to be enjoying your fall break, at least you didn't get a ticket thats good. and with brielle barking, did that start cause of my dogs? she does that alot here too so i didnt know if it was something i started. i would just treat her like a lil cute puppy and give her treats...hahahah im too much of an enabler!!!!!

MarcomsMadness said...

Ok, I can NOT agree with you MORE!!! I am convinced the grocery store was invented by SATAN!!! I'd rather drive thru someplace for dinner than bring my kids with me to the grocery store! I can't wait to see Kiley in her glasses! Hopefully she will KEEP UP WITH THEM better than Brooke has!!! Good luck with that, let me know how that works out for you. All I can say is GET THE INSURANCE on the glasses!! Luv you!

Cindy said...

I am so excited to see Bug in her new glasses!!! As far as the dog thing, what are you and Jeremy teaching your children????????
Words of advice, don't take kids to the grocery, you know better than that, what were you thinking, it's not going to get better so just don't do it!!! Love ya

DM said...

That is hilarious! I assure you that your children are NOT the only ones who behave like that. We usually have about 5 opened bags and or boxes (this is just with one kid) by the end of our grocery shopping trip...and speaking of animals..Tyson thinks switches between a cat, dog and lion. You can't reason with him or even talk to him...it is rather odd but pretty entertaining! He's not been clever enough to name himself though!

Bri said...

ok i am laughing so hard...our girls have been playing together so much they are wearing off on each other:) londy is always pretending to be some sort of animal! so my apologies if bribri got that from londy lou:) but they sure have fun together at ms. t's!

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

If I am ever sad I read your Blog. You just make me smile. Hey is "Hillary" the former Hillary Bates? Sorry, I never did the Tag thing, I started once.

Julianne said...

I am laughing so hard! I can just see Brielle doing that and it cracks me up! You need to have your groceries delivered! It is so nice- they even bring the groceries inside your house! I'm sad we missed the baptism- Christian had a soccer game.