Monday, April 21, 2008

March 2008















We took the kids and my parents to Maui for spring break. The girls had so much fun. Jeremy and I did too, but vacation with kids is not really a vacation. It's simply being in a beautiful place with the same children who whine, beg, argue, get car sick etc. Poor Tylar is our car sick child. It's sorta hard to go sightseeing when your daughter is throwing up in the car, mom is gagging (I just don't do well with throw up!) and dad (who usually helps the child because mom is dry heaving) is driving on a narrow road on a mountain. Good thing for Grandma!! Jeremy and I seriously would have had a to switch places if grandma wasn't there. So now everyone knows the truth. I only clean up barf when I absolutely have to. I am so lucky to have my sweet husband. He just cleans it up like it's nothing! We were definitely thinking we should have done the family vacation first and then the "REAL VACATION".

















I found out from a friend that Pratt's was selling rainbow easter chicks. I knew the kids would love them so I decided we just had to have some! Jeremy of course, who is way more rational than I, was trying to talk me through it. They will grow into REAL CHICKENS Kristina, they poop, you will have to clean the cage and so on. Nope, they are sooooo adorable!! So we headed on down to pratt's and bought one in every color, along with a cage, feeder and water bottle, food and bedding. It was so exciting. The kids loved them!! Two weeks later they were getting bigger and uglier and no way in He!! was I having CHICKENS running around my backyard! So daddy drove them to "the farm" and released them. I'll do something like that again though, because I am just an irrational person. It's all about Right Now with me.


We spent Easter at my parents. I wanted to get a good picture of the girls in their dresses, but this is the best I could get. Bri Bri is going through a phase of jammies or nothing at all. She insisted on getting out of her dress and into her jammies. "Pease, mommy, pease, I don't yike my dwess". I begged her to take one picture in her dress so this is it! Plus, I didn't bring jammies, so she was naked for the remainder of the day.

4 comments:

Kizzy said...

I can't figure out why this last post ends and then there is tons of blank space before my last one! Anybody know???

Hanna said...

Hmmmm, yeah that's weird that you have all that blank space here - but your pictures are adorable. I meant to ask you about your little chickens - and now I know. "The farm"? lol

Sabrina and BJ said...

Kizzy Hi,, my mom sent me your blog and it was so fun to see your cute girls.. Hawaii looked fun.. we just went their in Jan.. It's so good to finally see what going on with my family.. I miss you guys.. I just wanted to say hi.. Love Ya

Dusty said...

Kizzy great story about the chickens. It had me cracking up! In order to get rid of the extra space you just need to go into the post and backspace all of the extra space at the end of your post. I am glad you are blogging. We really need to get together one of these days. Your girls are so cute and have grown up so much.